Given a piece of veda in a dream, not familiar with hindu religion

Yann

Reaction score
Background, I'm a Frenchman, open minded spiritually, but I have no knowledge whatsoever of hinduism. Or rather, my knowledge was limited until today to the fact that Ganesh is one of many indian gods, he has an elephant head and his mother is called Parvati.

The reason I know this, is that many years ago a friend told me a little bit about this. The next night, I dreamt that there was this INCREDIBLY cute and charming miniature elephant, with some jewelry and clothing, following me around, and somehow I gave him a tiny bowl of milk. (So far, easy to explain, I have seen little statues of Ganesh in some Indian restaurants, and probably some milk offering. I am respectful of animals, I have deference for spirituality).
This was about 8 years ago.

About 2 years ago, however, my wife ordered a spiritual card reading for me. I generally don't pay much attention to that kind of stuff, but the main aspect that came out was that I was blessed by Ganesh that day.
Lo and behold, I swear this is true, the next day, I learn that I am gonna receive a substantial amount of money from having participated in a treasure hunt, that had been dormant for a year.
I pay my debts, all my debts and I'm left with enough money to survive for a while.
I did try to research Ganesh a bit more, but it seems like too much information to absorb and I can't really connect to it in any way that makes sense to me. I do thank him greatly and feel blessed, but I don't delve into hinduism, and though I occasionally (maybe a couple of times a month) have a kind thought and gratitude for Ganesh, I mostly forget about this all.

Fast forward to today.
I had a dream. In that dream I was destitute and I come across a child in the streets who has a broken wrist and a part of his arm. No one seems to mind the poor thing, so I bring him to this ruin of a hotel where I sleep. Every so often, workers from the hotel ask me to leave when they have to work on a specific room, but other than that, they let me sleep there.
As I bring the kid into the room, the workers come and this part isn't super clear, but I think they point me towards the "lobby" of this shabby ruin of a hotel. I go there and the place is cleaner, modest and there are some people sitting around a round table, eating simple foods.
Most people around the table seem concerned for the little kid and they tell me that they're going to examine him and maybe find a doctor, they invite me to partake in the foods.

I sit down at the table and focus on the woman to my right. She is about 40, maybe late forties, dressed in a humble fashion. I start talking to her, as I eat and somehow the conversation comes to her religion. I don't remember all the details, but at some point, I ask her to recite something. She does and it sounds beautiful, a shortish sentence of maybe 15-20 syllables, starting quite low and ending quite high, with a zigzag up and down at the end.
After she is done, she encourages me to try and sing it.

I start, and I notice I'm trying to sing it in her tone, and it's obviously too high. My voice breaks quite a bit at the end, it's not great.
Then I get what happened and I tell her: "I'm gonna have to start lower, in a more masculine voice".
And I sing it pretty good.
The moment I'm done singing, I feel flushed with energy incredibly energized and I get goose bumps.
She says something like: "It feels good, doesn't it?" or perhaps "It's powerful, isn't it?".
I ask her: "What is it?". She tells me: "It's a veda".

I then ask her to write it down for me. And she thinks about it, but seems a little stumped on how to proceed and she tells me: "I don't really know how to". But she goes and sits down farther from me and I can see her trying to use some paintbrushes on some papyrus or something.
Maybe 10 minutes later, she is still writing but the other people around come back with the kid and say that they need to bring him to the doctor. I can feel that the lady is saddened she has to leave before she can leave me with some trace of that "song". They all go into the car, and one of the drivers says: "You know what, you can grab onto the back of the car and come with us". I do so and very quickly thereafter, I wake up.

As I wake up, I feel this is very significant. I start researching, but where to start? I think, well that lady taught me something, it is a kind of musical prayer. Oh, I remember, a veda?
So I research veda, and the first thing I see is on wikipedia that it was revealed knowledge, given to Rishi sages, transmitted orally.
Then I notice there are several vedas, but that the sama-veda seems to have something to do with learning how to sing the verses.
I think, how can I find that verse that she sang. I learn there's something called Arcika, that would be perfect to look up that kind of stuff, but I find very little on the internet.
Then I ask myself, who that lady could be, or represent. I know the Indians have many gods, she could be a priestess? An incarnation of a goddess, which one would make sense. And I wonder if it wouldn't be related to music and learning. I find the name Saraswati, why not.
Then my wife gets on searching, and she finds a goddess called Gayatri who apparently if a personified form of a mantra, that could make sense. Then I look at the Gayatri mantra itself, it is beautiful, but different from the one in my dream, not a strong low then high voice, I recite it though and I feel similar goose bumps and energy and vibration in my body that I did in the dream. I only chant it once.

Then I see you're not supposed to sing it without proper preparation.

So what do you guys think? Should I try to find what was sung in the dream? Should I settle on another one? Should I learn more about a specific aspect of hinduism? Do you have any pointers? Should I just count myself blessed and carry on without entering this "spiritual quest"? Does any of this make sense to someone with good knowledge of hinduism?
I just felt that this being my second blessing, or feeling blessed by the hindu pantheon that I should not be ungrateful, and somehow thank them in some proper ways; at the very least.